Sunday, February 8, 2009

Internet problems!

Yesterday, I went to get on the computer and could not access the Internet! I kept working to see what may have been wrong and I called my computer expert - Jeff! He told me to go to one of the local coffee shops that have free Internet service to see if it was the computer or the service, I found out it was the service. He looked up the telephone number on line (gosh, I couldn't even do that!!!) and I called to report my service down.

It was all automated - gave my telephone number, the automated person looked me up and asked what the problem was. If telephone problems, press 1; if cable problems, press 2; if Internet problems, press 3. I pressed 3 and the automated person said "one moment please while I look at your service". I waited, it came back on and said that "the services was interrupted and they would 'ping' my network, allow about 60 seconds". I was automatically disconnected. I shut everything down, went and made myself some tea, came back and everything worked great.

I wonder if I talked with someone in India??? Nah, I could understand them!

No comments: