Thursday, May 28, 2009

The ol' ticker -


Since our family has such a rich heritage of heart and cholesterol problems, I thought it was time that I became proactive. Well, kind of - after a wake up call.
I started waking up in the middle of the night not being able to breath, it felt like someone put a pillow over my face and I couldn't catch my breath. I went in for a physical and they ran the entire gambit of every possible test. They checked the veins in my legs, they did a spiral cat scan, they injected me with nuclear dye took pictures at rest, put me on a tread mill got my heart rate up to 160 and then took after pictures. The technician showed me the pictures when I got done and it was awesome - my arteries and heart muscles looked really good. I couldn't believe that I didn't have a blockage since my cholesterol was over 300.
So now that I know that my heart is good, I am on a diet to get my cholesterol down - no more ice cream!
And as far as the original problem of not being able to breath, every one thinks that it might just be stress. Probably, so I told Steve to take a nice long vacation (just kidding, kind of).

No comments: