Saturday, June 21, 2008

It's been raining all day -

Well, today is Saturday and it has been raining all day - so I decided to bake! On rainy days Grandma used to fill the time with baking, sounds like a good idea right? I was making blueberry bread, I bought a lemon because it called for a little lemon rind, I had all the mix together and I couldn't find the lemon! Can you imagine, Steve used it in water!!! Man, I mumbled a long time and it brought to mind another baking incident. Mary Ann loved to bake and when the boys were little they would eat the chocolate chips before she could get them in the cookie mix so she would hide them until she had time to bake. Boy, do I wish that I would have hid that lemon!!
I haven't tried it yet, hopefully it will good.

Which reminds me of one time when JoEllen and I decided to make a ton of cookies at Grandma's house. We had such a good time, especially since we did the mixing and baking and Grandma did the dishes. Remember - she didn't have a dish washer!
But she loved to do things with and for the family.





No comments: