Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I know - the last blog was pathetic . . .


Well, for some reason I have been thinking of Virgil a lot and how robust he always was - here is a picture of him when he was in the service. When Grandpa had his stroke, Virgil got called back and I can remember going to pick him up.
Back in the 50's Grandma had a new fang dangled washing machine that rotated back and forth, then you took a stick, pulled the clothes out and ran them through the wringer. My job was to be in the basement and run the clothes through the wringer. I was probably about 10 or so and I managed to run my hand through the wringer with the clothes. There I stood, screaming at the top of my lungs that my hand was stuck! Virgil came flying down the steps with a crow bar and popped the wringer open to free my hand. Nothing was damaged, except a cheap ring I got from the "cracker jack" box. It was some time later when I was using the same machine, that I noticed a lever on the side - pulled it and voila, it popped open the wringer. DUH!
(Incidentally, voila sounds phonetically like whala hence the improper spelling, often used by morons in an attempt to sound more intelligent than they actually are.)

1 comment:

Culmer's Thoughts said...

I liked the last blogged!! With the sortof naming of the flowers/plants (haha)