Sunday, October 19, 2008

No birthdays for a while so I'll fill in?

We go a couple of days without a birthday and I'm getting lonesome for you guys so I went for a walk today and took some pictures. The weather has finally cooled down and I have "Spring Fever" in the fall. I washed windows and cleaned the lanai and basically got ready for being outside again. So. . . I went for a walk and enjoyed all the fruit of the beautiful flowers we have blooming all year around here. I can remember growing some of these flowers up north and was exited when they grew up to about 3' or 4'. The picture below is an umbrella plant and I am standing on the third floor, they grow humongous here!
A split leaf philodendron -
A Bromiliad outside our complex -

A yellow something - not sure what it is, but it looks pretty!

And of course the ever present bougainvillea - Grandma loved flowers and always had plenty around the house and yard. And that love spilled over on Mary Ann, Dorene, Bernadette and the rest of the family. I love this time of year down here - but I do miss seeing everyone!

1 comment:

Culmer's Thoughts said...

I love the one that's called "a Yellow something" (haha) that's awesome!