Sunday, April 13, 2008

Another Jane Story -

Mom had surgery on her knee and was still not getting around very well, Jeff was about three years old and I decided to take Jane and Mom out to see Dundet (Bernadette). Of course any of you who ever travelled with Jane knew that as soon as we hit the road the first words out of her mouth were "hamburger?" We get about as far as Carroll and we stop at Mom's favorite restaurant "Tony's" I get out of the car the same time Jane does, she heads for the restaurant and I tell her to wait for us, of course she doesn't cause she's independent now. I go around and help Mom out of the car and get Jeff out, I'm holding on to Mom, so she won't fall, Jeff takes off one direction and Jane is still heading into the restaurant. By the time I get Mom inside and Jeff rounded up, Jane is seated in a booth looking at us like "what took you so long?" (What was I thinking????)

No comments: