Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Pay Back!!!!!

OK, the 17th is Artie's birthday and now I get to tell some tales on him - oh boy!!
Wasn't he the cutest little guy, he looks just like his father and that smile got him into so much trouble.
That's him waving at the camera, I can pick out a few faces and I'm sure you can too. I see Jerry, Ronnie, Steve and Kevin to just name a few. When Artie was in grade school and someone would do something wrong, Artie would always get blamed because he had that - using his father's words - "sh_ t eat'n grin"!

Here is Artie teaching his cousin, Kurt how to play the organ. Artie was always very musical and loved to play many different instruments. I can remember a ukulele in there somewhere, and I think I gave it to him.

Going back to his blog on me, and the Halloween I dressed up as a witch was the year I came home to help with Grandpa. (He received the diagnosis in September that he had colon cancer and had only a few months to live.) He, grandma and Jane sat in that big front room window and laughed at the reaction of the kids. It was worth every minute to give him some great fun. I don't have the foggiest idea where the getup came from.

Draftsman Artie, how look how young and look at those glasses and hair, wow!

I also remember taking everyone to the lake for the 4th of July parade. I had the Ford Falcon loaded with kids and stuff for the float, backed out of the garage and ran square into Perry Butterworth's car parked in the drive way. I felt so bad, and he was so gracious to say that he shouldn't have parked there, he should have parked on the street.


What a great picture with Grandma, it was such a beautiful wedding. We all drove down for the wedding and had a great time. Grandma and I rode in the camper with a lot of the family, I can remember Frank taking a turn driving. We drove through the night and I sat up front with him for a while visiting. It was a great time and everything was so beautiful.

So Artie, I want to wish you a very happy birthday and have a great day with your family!

No comments: